Last Updated on July 19, 2021 by Admin
USA had major breaches in 2020 as reported by BBC News and the authorities are on high alert for any suspicious internet activity by citizens. Under section 215 of the PATRIOT Act, the government can collect any data from internet users in the U.S. as long as it’s relevant to an investigation.
In this article, I look at best VPN in USA and how you can hide your identity from hackers or the government when in the US.
When you go online without a VPN, your location and traffic is exposed to hackers, your ISP and the government.
Any device that you use to access the internet is vulnerable to attacks, be it a mobile device or computer.
In the end, without a VPN, you put yourself at risk of the following unfortunate events:
- Identity theft
- Credit card theft
- Privacy breach
- Bandwidth throttling
- Malware attack
- Got no time? Our VPN of choice is NordVPN because it has many security features and is affordable
A VPN creates a VPN tunnel and changes your IP address. This allows you to access the internet anonymously, something that I strongly recommend given the high incidence of cyber-attacks.
Not all VPN services are able to give 100% reliability and if you are not careful, you may end up using a VPN with malware.
That is why we only review trusted VPN services that get audited regularly for security, reliability and privacy.
These top VPN services have standard features one expects in a VPN and these are:
- A reliable kill switch so that internet connection is terminated when there is any disruption of the VPN connection.
- No DNS leaks
- Fast connection speed so that calls have an excellent quality and there are no dropped calls. VoIP calls use data and encryption slows down speed of the connection so you want a VPN that is fast to avoid any call interruptions.
- Widespread server coverage with servers in countries where VoIP is not restricted. You need to connect to one of these servers to successfully bypass your local ISP without worrying about congestion.
- Ability to use anonymous payment methods like Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
- At least there should be a money-back guarantee so that you are able to test a VPN before committing to a plan.
- Good customer support in case you have any challenges.
- No logs identifying your internet activities must be kept by the VPN provider.
- Your VPN traffic must be undetected because some service providers monitoring your traffic may block any VPN traffic. VPNs like NordVPN have obfuscated servers that hide VPN traffic.
- A VPN must have strong encryption, preferably AES 256 bit encryption so that your activities are hidden from your ISP or the government.
- At a glance, these are the best VPNs to use in USA
Best VPNs for the USA in detail
1. NordVPN – Most security features and affordable (Editor’s Choice)
NordVPN is a premium VPN with an extensive network of more than 5100 servers around the globe.
Of these, more than 1970 are located in the USA and this gives NordVPN superior network reliability.
This VPN service also has a lot of extra security features and these are:
- Onion over VPN
- WebRTC disabling
- Encrypted versions of popular web browsers
It also uses NordLynx as the top VPN protocol and this is based on WireGuard protocol.
You get all these features for only $3.71/month and this deal gives you 68% off for the 2-year plan.
In addition, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee so should you change your mind, you can get a full refund after 30 days, with no questions asked.
As expected in a top VPN, customer support is also excellent and you can send an email, chat via a live portal or make use of an extensive knowledge-base.
It’s easy to carry out any online activities that require a lot of bandwidth like streaming, gaming or torrenting.
You stay anonymous without giving away your location or sites you visit.
There is a strict no-logs policy and zero DNS leaks as highlighted in the first section.
Grab this NordVPN deal by using the link below. Get a perfect balance of functionality and pricing.
2. Surfshark VPN – Low-cost VPN with reliable features
Surfshark is a relatively newer than NordVPN, having joined the VPN industry in 2018.
However, this service has proven to be one of the best VPNs out there.
One of the reasons why this is another best option is because it is low-cost while providing all the standard features of a premium VPN.
The best deal is a 2-year plan and you get 81% off. This makes the cost $2.49/month, cheaper than NordVPN or Surfshark.
You also get a 7-day free-trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
With that, there is AES 256-bit encryption that is military-grade to secure your data.
Unblocking of sites like Netflix,Hulu, BBC iPlayer is also possible.
Customer service is effective and you can also communicate via email for any queries.
Get the best Surfshark deal via the link below.
3. CyberGhost VPN – Widespread coverage and user-friendly
There are at least 1273 servers in 11 cities around the U.S. so there is a solid, reliable network in the region.
This is part of an extensive network of over 6700 servers in at least 89 countries around the world.
CyberGhost VPN has servers that are optimized for torrenting, routing all your traffic through a secure VPN tunnel, thus prevent bandwidth throttling by your ISP.
All major operating systems are supported, with up to 7 devices supported simultaneously on one account.
If you are a beginner and you want a user-friendly VPN then CyberGhost is a perfect choice.
To get the maximum discount, I recommend the 3-year plan where you get 83% off.
4. Ivacy VPN – Bypasses tough firewalls
Ivacy VPN is another top VPN that you can use in the USA
There are 75 servers in the USA that are optimized for streaming and fire sharing.
Ivacy VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption to keep your traffic hidden in the VPN tunnel.
Up to 10 devices are supported on one account simultaneously.
To add more devices, you have configured Ivacy VPN on your router and all the devices connected to it are secured.
You get a 75% discount on a 2-year plan and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Free VPN services
Free VPNs are also available but the majority of them are not secure and features are usually limited.
If you want a full experience with maximum access to available servers, you need a paid VPN.
There are free VPN services that I recommend for USA and these have a paid version to unlock all VPN features.
Tip: You can use any premium VPN above for FREE by using the money-back guarantee period. After the period elapses, you get your full refund with no hassles.
- Not ready for a paid version? Use these free VPNs:
A VPN service is a tool you need if you want to take online security to the next level the US.
This is also important if you use a lot free stuff on the internet because there is always a risk of malware bundled in the products.
In addition, you hide your activity from your ISP and the government.
Which VPN are you using? Leave comments below and share the post with your friends.