Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Calvin C.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground (PUBG) is one of the best battle royale games ever created and unfortunately, it is not available in every country. In this article, I will show you the best VPNs for PUBG so that you can unblock any restrictions in any country or institution. In the last section, all your FAQs are addressed so that you step on the battlefield confidently.
Restrictions are also available in schools or workplaces to maximize concentration. In either situation, a VPN bypasses the restriction and allows you to play PUGB without any problems.
How a VPN bypasses restrictions
A VPN establishes a VPN tunnel by connecting your gaming devices to a secure VPN server.
All your traffic is encrypted, so your ISP cannot see that you are gaming. This has 2 main advantages:
- You avoid bandwidth throttling by your ISP which gives your a better connection
- There is more privacy because any hacker, ISP or the government only sees a stream of encrypted traffic
This also works when you want to bypass firewalls in schools, colleges or even at your workplace.
Some premium VPNs use obfuscated servers so that VPN traffic is not detected and blocked.
Got no time? Our VPN of choice if you want to play PUBG is NordVPN because is has the best security features and fast connection speed.
In which country is PUGB banned?
If you live or plan to travel to one of the countries I will mention, you definitely need to install a VPN so that you can be able to play PUBG anonymously.
The main reason for the ban is that the game is too good, hence players get addicted to it easily. The creators do little to warn players about the potential harmful effects when one plays the game for a prolonged period.
This has not slowed down the popularity of the game and in 2020, PUGB was the 3rd most downloaded game on Play Store.
Countries where PUBG is banned are China, India, Pakistan, Israel, Iraq, Nepal, Jordan and Korea.
If you check the statistics, you learn that the majority of PUBG players are from China and they use a VPN to play privately and securely.
Criteria for choosing the best VPNs for PUBG
Playing PUBG requires a stable internet connection so that you don’t experience any lags during the game.
This means if you connect to a VPN network, there are minimum requirements you should look for during a risk-free trial of a VPN.
The main attributes that should be in any premium VPNs are:
- Extensive server coverage so that the VPN network is reliable and you get servers in a country without restrictions.
- Good customer support so that you get any issues resolved
- Fast connection to prevent any lags during the game
- The VPN should support all major platforms like Windows, MacOS, Android, game consoles and iOS.
- Strong encryption to keep your traffic secure
- Ability to bypass geoblocks when you are unable to access PUBG.
Look no further than the following 5 VPNs that have all these features and more:
1. NordVPN – Secure and fast (Recommended)
NordVPN is easily the best VPN for playing PUBG when there is a restriction in your country, institution or workplace.
There are more than 5100 high-speed servers that are perfect for gaming and you won’t experience any lag when on the battlefield.
It uses NordLynx which is based on WireGuard so it is fast while securing your traffic in a VPN tunnel.
You can unblock PUBG in any location by simply choosing a VPN server in a country where there are no restrictions.
Customer support is available 24/7 to ensure your queries are handled 24/7.
The best part is that you can test NordVPN for free by using a 30-day money-back guarantee and to activate it, use the link provided below:
Get 68% off a 2-year plan and 30-day money-back guarantee:
2. Surfshark VPN – Low cost and reliable
This is a low-cost premium VPN that is also suitable for playing PUBG.
Over 3200 servers are available in 65+ countries, making it easy to unblock PUBB in any region.
Surfshark VPN supports an unlimited number of devices, whether it’s a console, Windows, MacOS, Android or iOS.
The VPN uses WireGuard, OpenVPN and other protocols so your traffic is kept secure.
AES 256-bit encryption is also available so hackers, your ISP or the government cannot see that you are gaming.
Customer service is available 24/7 with an option for live chat to prompt assistance.
Get the best deal by using a link provided below.
Get 83% off a 2-year plan and 30-day money-back guarantee:
3. CyberGhost VPN – Widespread coverage and user friendly
CyberGhost VPN is a VPN that is easy to set up which is excellent for a beginner.
More than 6800 servers are distributed in over 86 countries so it’s easy to play PUBG from any location.
Your identity stays hidden when using CyberGhost VPN because there is an anonymous dedicated IP system.
Customer support is available 24/7 to help you if there are any challenges.
Up to 7 devices can be used simultaneously on one account, with support for all platforms.
Your privacy is enhanced with a strict no-logs policy and zero DNS leaks.
Start a 45-day risk free trial using the link below.
Get 83% off a 3-year plan and 45-day money-back guarantee:
4. PureVPN – Secure and wide coverage
PureVPN works with Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and consoles.
Up to 10 devices are supported on one account simultaneously, so if you have friends and family members who want to connect they are accommodated easily.
PureVPN has a widespread server coverage of more than 6500+ servers in 140+ countries.
Few VPNs have a server coverage that rivals PureVPN and this means wherever you are, there is a PureVPN in close proximity.
These servers are optimized for streaming and you are able to play PUBG without any lag.
Although it is not be faster than NordVPN, you can play PUGB with no problems using PureVPN.
Use the link below to start a 31-day money-back guarantee.
Get 73% off a 2-year plan and 31-day money-back guarantee:
5. Private Internet Access VPN – Secure and cross-platform
This VPN from Kape Technologies is another option if you want to play PUBG in a restricted country.
PIA has over 28 000 proxy and VPN servers distributed all over the world.
It is an open source VPN so any security vulnerabilities are quickly patched by an ever-alert community.
You also get adblock, antimalware and anti-tracker features for a good user experience.
All major operating systems are supported and apps can be downloaded easily.
Customer service is available round the clock with live chat support.
Use the link below to start a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Get 73% off a 2-year plan and 30-day money-back guarantee:
How to unblock PUBG with a VPN
PUBG Mobile is a mobile version of the popular battle royal game, PUBG, and is available for Android users.
However, if you are in a country where there are restrictions like India, you may fail to find the game on Play Store.
This is where you use a VPN to unblock the restriction as described in the first section.
- Find the best VPN and install it on your device. We recommend NordVPN as it is the overall best VPN with superior security features.
- Once you have installed the VPN, connect to a VPN server in a country where there are no PUBG restrictions e.g. Canada
- Restart the Play Store app and you should be able to download the game. Should you face any challenges, don’t despair. Simply contact customer support for assistance via live chat.
By following the above steps, you are able to download PUBG Mobile from anywhere. Make sure you have connected to a VPN server before you download the game.
How to get low Ping in PUBG Mobile
This helps you get a better gaming experience.
- Activate the built-in game booster to reduce background activities when you are playing PUBG. If you don’t have a native game booster, download the app from Play Store.
- Change WiFi settings so that network resources are routed to the PUBG application.
- Disable any background syncing of apps as this consumes bandwidth.
- Use a tool like GFX Tool to adjust the graphics of the game and achieve a higher Ping. GFX Tool is free.
- Change the server that accesses the game by using a VPN. That’s why a VPN provider with fast servers, like NordVPN, gives a better gaming experience.
- Clear your cache via Settings of your mobile device to it faster.
- The last resort is to reinstall PUBG. On the login screen look for the ‘Repair’ option and everything is taken care of.
Can we play PUGB with free VPN?
I strongly advise against free VPNs because of the risks they carry. If you want to experience the best experience playing PUBG, avoid a free VPN at all costs.
Free VPNs use a limited number of servers and in most cases there is massive congestion.
In addition, bandwidth is limited, with VPNs like TunnelBear only providing a data limit of 500 MBs per month.
Due to all these drawbacks, you experience severe lag during the game or you simply get kicked out when your data is exhausted.
Customer support is lousy so if you face challenges, you have no choice but to upgrade a plan.
Another worrisome reason to avoid free VPNs is the prevalence of malware code in the VPN. This can either be in the form of adware or the VPN itself compromises your device in the background.
Some free VPNs don’t even encrypt any traffic to maintain speed while sacrificing privacy.
Use a premium VPN with strong security, fast connection speeds and a good customer support.
In conclusion, when you use a VPN, make sure you choose a premium VPN for the best experience.
What’s your experience with a PUBG ban. Leave comments and share the post with other gamers on social media.